Sunday, April 24, 2005

tribute.. thanks for being there

I've been meaning to.. find a way to pay tribute to the people who have helped me through my mini-crisis of the heart..
and after looking for.. some poetry.. (cos i'm a lazy bastard)
i find that they don't quite capture what I want to say.
I've never been much of a poet, an occasional writer perhaps but never a poet..
this is as good a time to start as any.. =)

..............
..............
..............

didn't go so well.. =P

my friend,
you have been the voice of reason in my maze of despair,
as I fought to understand the reasons why,
you provided gentle guidance,
counselling was the order of the day,
and yet in the end all I needed was to hear her say those unforgettable words,
I don't love you anymore she said,
with that I cried anew, the pain and sadness burst asunder,
but with that the healing began,
as i traversed the canyon of sadness,
your voice called to me,
bringing me to the light
enabling me to think with clarity
to move forward with purpose and determination
never again I vowed but we both know
I will always be a fool in love.

now.. to reword that into a poem..
alp!

Thanks to all of you..
in SG order
1. Ben, Stella
2. Jamie
3. Jacky
4. Kelvin
5. Jess, Hui Ping
6, Michelle Leong
7. Yew Wen

I appear to be missing one.. or a few.. oops
those who aren't physically around but still.. showed me/gave me sufficient attention
Michele Lean, Olle, Eunice, Alicia, Sherly, Ivana, Yeok Cheng, Heng, Sharon Chen, Audrey Lean

*edit*
I made an error in the above section.. omigod..
Those guys were around for me.. =) though not in official SG capacity.. =)
Eunice, Alicia, Sherly, Ivana, Yeok Cheng, Heng, Wei Ing
*/edit*

I.. don't think i've said enough to express how.. grateful I truly am.. but
thank you. =) Current Mood:

No comments: